Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tonto Creek & Cabin


my mom and jack decided to drive up to my grandparents cabin in forest lakes because my grandparents were already up there and they were wanting to hang out with jack before he starts school and real life again. so she decided to be the cool grammie that she is and bring the kids because what is fun at a cabin without kids. tatum was so excited because she has been in school now this is her third week, she was needing a little get away already and mom had already brought sydney and landon up the week before while tatum was at school. so landon had his shoes in hand thinking he's going of course, not today just the girls. so rex and i were excited to just have one kid. we did our usual saturday be lazy until it's off to geckos for lunch with randall and emily and kids. then we went and ran errands and did some shopping for new clothes for me. we quickly realized the girls are much easier to shop with than boys! we really had a fun day just hanging with landon. he's so much fun. well the girls got home late that night while rex and i were out to dinner with our friends cami and micah. so the next morning we heard about all the fun they had at the cabin and fishing at the creek. it's so fun to hear and crazy to see the pictures it reminds me of being a kid and doing the same stuff. i'm so glad my kids got the chance to experience, just a little of what we did growing up. we use to go up to the cabin all the time as kids. my grandpa would bring us fishing all the time we loved it. we wouldn't leave til we all had a fish. then we would have trout for dinner that night. i have so many wonderful memories of trips with my grandparents most of the places that i've visited are with my grandparents. (i will have to find some old pictures of us and post it.) it's always been a fun thing for them to bring us to fun places they still love disneyland. just a few years back for their 50th they brought the whole fam to disneyland. they are the best grandparents you could ask for. they have always known how important family is. i'm sure thats why my mom & dad makes it a priority that family comes first too. ok i'll stop now that's the most i've ever written hopefully it makes sense.






syd was so excited at first, but then realized it's still moving. she is so my kid!


don't you love sydney's outfit, the shoes she brought she had already grew out of so she's wearing some of carters i know she can fit carters, but not hers. i guess she was a little concerned about wearing them bacause she said they didn't match her outfit, but she always ends up picking comfort...that's my sydney girl...i love you so much.










grandpa helping tatum with her fishing pole. i'm shocked tatum liked it. she was quite interested in the gutting of the fish.
and jack your so cute with the kids they love you.














grandma with tatum and cody. even grandma fishes.












they are all posing for the camera of course!









woohoo they had so much fun!!!






13 comments:

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

I love the north country. The cabin is one of my kids favorite places to go.

Crazymamaof6 said...

so fun! how fun to fish! looked like a fun time!

Bridget and Dustin said...

Looks like they had a fun trip! I love fishing with Grandpa and Grandma Leffue.

Cheryl said...

Tonto Creek is my favorite! We have lots of great memories there!! Cute pictures!!

Webb Family said...

YAY!!! You posted did you do it at mom's? I love all the fun pictures!!

Stacey Crewse said...

Oh what fun! I love cabin trips! I can't believe the kids have jackets on- must of been raining or perfect cool weather! And, how fun for your kids to catch fish.... memories of us being kids doing the same thing! Memory lane....awhhh

Webb Family said...

I forgot Syd looks so cute with Carter's shoes on!

ZB said...

We love getting away up in the mountains. Your kids look like they had great fun.

The Fab Fabian Life said...

I love that your little girlie girls get down and dirty :)

Shannon said...

So fun. My kids love going to the cabin. There is nothing like getting down and dirty to kids!

Joni said...

Fun to see pictures of your family!

Webb Family said...

I love everything you said about the cabin! I love all the great fun memories of playing up there as a kid!!

Corree said...

Looks like they had a fun trip! Weekend getaways with grandparents are the best! My kids love being able to get dirty & stay dirty most of the day!!